Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sometimes a cigar is "just" a Cigar...Sigmund Freud



There are certain truisms that are universal and therefore I believe helpful to getting along in life.  One of these is the art of smoking a cigar.  Smoking a cigar in it self is not a big deal but what is important is whom you smoke them with as well as the thoughts and conversation you have while smoking a cigar. I must say that my preferred  cigar is a Cuban and specifically the #3 Romeo Y Julieta.
I first learned of this cigar while living in Spain, very special.  When gathering with our Spanish friends we would end the evening with a good Cuban cigar, scotch and lively conversations.  I have maintained the habit over the years and when I get together with family or friends some where in the evening the Cigars will come out and everyone settles in...
You might ask why does the type of cigar matter, in other words why are Cubans cigars better, if it is the conversation or thoughts you have while smoking, then any brand will do, right?   The type of cigar is not really the point but as with life there is always more to the story.  When you take the time to find and buy a Cuban cigar this helps to signify the importance of the coming event.  Smoking a Cuban cigar is a special occasion…you don't do this everyday and this makes the thoughts you have, the conversation and the friends you smoke with that much more important.  When someone asks to smoke a cigar with them, or visa-a-versa it means they want to spend time with you…know what you are thinking or seek your advise. I hope life gives you all you want but most importantly I hope you are happy and take time to smoke lots of cigars.

No comments:

Post a Comment