Thursday, January 14, 2021

Are you a regular at any of your local restaurants or cafes?

 At the time of writing this, I am currently living in San Antonio, Texas and yes, our family has a favorite cafe.   It is called Taqueria El Charro on 2351 Harry Wurzbach Road.  We have been going there since it opened in 2010.  It seats about 35 people and everyone there speaks Spanish and the food is totally TexMex, so good!  The restaurant is only 2 and half blocks from the Wiltshire House.  


We usually go there for breakfast, all the Grandkids love it, (except Kami who says she does not like it, but I think she does) and they look forward to eating there every time they visit our house.  Kelsie and Kassidy once they arrive will actually get up early to go eat there and they compare all breakfast tacos to El Charro’s.  They do have a menu item called and American breakfast that Carson and Cash love.  Two eggs, two pancakes and bacon.   When they visited in March of 2019 they would walk over by themselves every morning, I was at work…  and they loved it and would eat the same thing everyday.  

I have eaten breakfast taco’s all over San Antonio and this little place is by far the best! Everything is made fresh and so good.  The ladies that work there know all the kids and fuss over them, especially our newest Kennedy.  Rosie is my favorite of all the wait staff.  I am never sure who the owner is of the restaurant but I think it may be a young Hispanic man and I don’t know his name, will have to make an effort.  

We go there at least once a week, we have tried supper a few times and all the food is good but I really like breakfast.  Love sitting there with family and watching our dogs out the window after running them at the ball park… everyone is all smiles.
EL Charro
Kami and Kennedy  2018
Carson 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment