I bought my first car in 1965 when I was 12 years old, it was a 1965 Plymouth 4 door sedan. I bought the car for 35 dollars from either my brother or some neighbors, can’t remember which. I could only drive the car in the fields around our house and NOT on the road…right! I put seat belts in the car and would pick up the neighbor boys, Tub and Ike Bonsen and go racing through the fields… It was fun. When I would get stuck, which was very often my Grandpa would take the John Deere tractor and pull me out. We lived next to a marsh and there was always places that were wet. Funny thing I don’t remember asking if I could buy the car, I just did it. Can’t remember getting in trouble with Mom and Dad but the neighbor’s Mom raised holy hell when I had her boys with me…. Dust flying as we zoomed through the fields… It was an automatic with push buttons on the upper left side, man I loved that car…
No comments:
Post a Comment