Thursday, January 14, 2021

How did your parents pick your name?

 The story that was relayed to me by my Mother was that she saw the name in a news paper and liked it.  There were five kids in our family,  Tracy Lee, Sharon Lee, Peggy Lee, Terry Lee and Michel Lee.  Not sure how they picked out our middle names as Lee but the first names except for mine are very common and typical for that era.  My name is actually pronounced like Michelle.  My name is a typical French spelling of the name Michael.  My whole life my name has been an issue, everyone changes the spelling to Michael which causes many problems, so I changed it to simply Mike…  

When I was in elementary school on the first day of school the teacher would call out the students names and we would raise our hands. When the teacher got to me, she would always say “is Michelle Bunning here?”  Everyone was expecting a girl and when I would reply and the laughing would start… So not much history on my name, as I look back, any family with five kids doesn’t spend a lot of time worrying about names and picking it out of the newspaper seems to make sense!   I have one person thus far named after me, Michael Dude!  Son to John and Amy Dudte, friends of Jennifer and I from Iraq.  Sweet fella


No comments:

Post a Comment