My first job was mowing my families lawn in Oak Harbor, Ohio. It was a mower you pushed and the wheels turning would turn the blades. This was really hard work and it is what I credit getting me in shape at such an early age. We had 3 acres of grass and my Dad paid me 5 dollars a week to mow the yard. You had to mow it every week or it would get to long for the push mower. I would start on Monday and be done sometime on Thursday… pay day was Friday. Loved the job and even more liked making my own money… I would walk to the Little Store, about a mile and half and buy pop with the money. Then I would take a nail and make a small hole in the top so we would not drink it to fast. Always got a candy bar as well, still love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment